Most people consider back pain to be an old age problem but it can also arise in youthful years. This is because a backache can be caused by a number of reasons such as muscle tension, lack of physical exercise, poor posture, pregnancy and diseases such as arthritis. Implementing home remedies for backache is beneficial for alleviating pain.
Backaches can lead to a number of difficulties in carrying out day to day activities. It is always good to be aware of quick remedies for backache that you can implement easily at home. These remedies could be lifesavers at times.
Ginger is a common household herb and it is used in many cuisines. What most people don’t know is that ginger contains a high concentration of anti-inflammatory compounds that help provide relief from pain. It is one of the best remedies for backache.
- Grind ginger into a paste and apply on the area surrounding backaches. Keep it on for 15 minutes and massage the area before rinsing it off with water.
- You can also drink ginger tea. For this remedy just cut 4-6 thin slices of ginger and boil them in 1 and a half cup of water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add honey and you are all set. You can take ginger tea 2-3 times a day.
- Adding different herbs to the ginger tea recipe like cloves and black peppercorns can significantly increase its effects.
2. Basil Leaves
Basil leaves also provide quick relief from a backache. These are easily available in most households and marketplaces. Using Basil tea is the best option to take when considering backaches.
- Add 5-10 basil leaves in one and a half cup of water.
- Boil the mixture until the half cup of water evaporates.
- Cool it down to the room temperature.
- Add a little salt and honey for taste.
- For mild pain drink once daily but if the pain is severe take at least twice a day.
3. Poppy seeds
Poppy seeds can also come to the rescue. Poppy seeds work well to minimize backache pain. Poppy seeds can be taken by grinding it into a mixture.
- Grind a cup of poppy seeds with rock candy into a powder.
- Take 2 teaspoons of this mixture with a cup of milk every night before going to bed.
4. Herbal Oil
Using Herbal oils is one of the best remedies for a backache. These oils are made up of all natural and herbal ingredients that provide needed nutrition and energy to the body to increase bone growth while helping reduce pain. Massaging you back with herbal oil help relax muscles and increase blood circulation to the area providing relief from pain. One of the best herbal oil for a backache is Gold oil by ABFA Group of companies. Almond oil, olive oil, coconut oil can also be used.
Gently warm the oil before applying it to the back. Massaging daily can help reduce pain significantly.
Garlic is one of those herbs that has always been in your kitchen but never caught your eye. Garlic has a high concentration of anti-inflammatory and detoxification compounds that help the body recover for muscle and joint pains.
Try to eat 2-3 garlic cloves on an empty stomach and also massage your back with garlic oil
- To make garlic oil: heat some mustard oil or coconut oil over low heat and add 10-12 garlic cloves in it.
- Fry the garlic in the oil until it turns brown.
- Strain the oil and cool it down to room temperature.
- Massage your back with this oil gently.
- Leave it on for 10 – 15 minutes before rinsing it off with luke-warm water.
Wheat contains compounds that help induce numbness in the area. To implement wheat for backaches:
- Soak a handful wheat in water and leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, add a cup of milk and boil it until mixture thickens.
- Add honey to taste.
- Drink twice a day for lasting relief.