The diabetes epidemic has plagued the world for countless years and is still spreading like wildfire in the society. Diabetes is a chronic disease that occurs when insulin production is restrained or the body does not properly use the insulin. Using moringa for diabetes has been proven to be very effective in keeping the blood sugar level or blood-glucose level normalized.
The number of an affected patient with diabetes was 108 million in 1980 and that number has risen to 422 million in 2014 and is rising still. According to the world health organization (WHO), diabetes prevalence is increasing in the Middle East and low-income countries. In 2015 alone 1.6 million deaths were caused by diabetes. Diabetes is rated as the seventh leading cause of death in the world.
The added problem for diabetic patients is that diabetes can future add complications in the body leading to diseases such as:
- Kidney failure. The added amount of blood sugar levels in the body is the cause of kidney failure. Among all the cases of kidney failure, 44% had taken root due to diabetes.
- Cardio-vascular problems and heart problems. In 2004 alone 68% of diabetes-related deaths were caused by heart diseases or cardiovascular problem.
- Lower limb amputations.
- Temporary blindness
Using moringa for diabetes treatment pose no adverse effects on the body.
Types of Diabetes
-> Type 1 Diabetes:
Also known as juvenile diabetes is the type of diabetes in which insulin production in the body is decreased or stopped. It is a less common type of diabetes and mostly occurs in kids and young adults.
-> Type 2 Diabetes:
Type 2 diabetes is the most commonly found in the world, 90% of diabetics have this type. In type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance is formed in the blood i.e. the body stop to consume insulin in the body, which is necessary to keep blood sugar level in the body at a normal rate.
The body of a person suffering from Diabetes either cannot produce enough insulin or has cells that do not respond to the insulin produced i.e. have insulin resistance.
Following steps can help better your condition:
-> Physical Exercise:
Physical exercises help in reducing weight, which is commonly found in diabetic patients. Commit to an hour of exercise regularly.
Diet plan is necessary for the diabetic patient. Implement a diabetic diet plan by eliminating things that have a high level of sugar and carbohydrates such as bread, pasta, potato, fruit such as banana, pineapple, corn etc. Processed food or junk food is poison for diabetic patients so keep that away.
Benefits of Moringa for Diabetes
Science has been able to detect more than 80 different proteins, nutrients and vitamins in Moringa Oleifera tree, which is why scientists are calling it the “Most Nutrient Packed Plant” ever discovered.
Listed below are some of the benefits of moringa for diabetes.
- Diabetes has a number of adverse effects on the eyes that can lead to temporary and permanent blindness. Moringa powder has high levels of Vitamin A concentrates that aids in autoxidizing the convert beta-carotene efficiently and efficiently thus reducing the risk of blindness in diabetic patients.
- Vitamin C is required by the body to smoothly regulate the production of insulin but the lack of Vitamin C has a negative effect on the pancreas and its ability to produce and secrete insulin. This leads to high blood sugar levels in the body. Vitamin C in Moringa helps keep Vitamin C deficiency at bay.
- Diabetes can lead to sub-condition known as “Diabetic neuropathy” in which the blood vessels supplying blood to the nerves get damaged. Vitamin B-12 found in Moringa aids in the treatment of diabetic neuropathy.
- Scientific studies have found the intake of Vitamin E daily lowers cardiovascular risk by as much as 50%. Moringa powder having 3 times more Vitamin E than in almonds helps to remove Vitamin E deficiency from the body of diabetic patients.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D contributes the risk of Juvenile Diabetes. Vitamin D helps to protect insulin cell producers. If the level of vitamin D in the body drop, the body becomes insulin dependent for life. Moringa powder stops this from happening, as it is rich in nutrients and vitamins.