Beautiful, strong, long and lustrous hairs is a desire of many but only a few ever get to have it. People tend to concentrate more on making their hair beautiful that they forget that the products they use are causing hair fall. Fortunately, a home remedy to control hair fall is all that you need to counter this problem. It is quite normal to lose about 50-100 hairs in a day but if that amount is exceeding that you are in serious trouble. Hair fall is particularly difficult for women to deal with since hair is considered the crowning glory of women. There are a number of causes that contribute to hair loss such as nutritional deficiency, thyroid use, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), excessive use of birth control pills and chemical based hair products etc. Genetics, poor hair care and age also contribute to hair loss.
If you are searching for a treatment for hair loss that has no side effects and free from chemicals and medication than you are in the right place. Natural remedies can be the game changer you are waiting for and in this article, we will discuss in details those remedies that you can implement easily at home without adding any burden to your pockets.
Following remedies are known to be the best to stop and reverse hair fall.
1. Daily Scalp Massage
Probably the easiest and the most inexpensive way to control hair fall is scalp massages. Hair and scalp massages when done properly increase the blood flow to the hair follicles, enhance the strength of the hair roots and condition the scalp.
Scalp massages also reduce stress, which is a major contributor to hair loss. Scalp massages also have the potential of increasing the thickness of hairs. You can use any sort of natural oil for scalp massages such as olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil etc.
To implement this home remedy to control hair fall:
- Warm up a little bit of oil and apply it to your hair and scalp.
- Massage your hair and scalp by applying pressure with your fingertips.
- Leave it on for about one hour before washing it off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy at least 2-3 times a week.
Note: There are herbal oils the market solely made to reduce hair fall. These oils are made from all natural and herbal ingredients and are very effective.
2. Rosemary Essential Oil
Adding rosemary essential oil to your hair while massaging the scalp carries added benefits for the hairs. Not only does rosemary oil increase hair growth but also prevents balding and thinning of hair.
This oil also contains antioxidant properties that boost hair growth and cleanses the scalp and hair of microbes to prevent itching. The silica and sulfur content in this oil reverse hair fall.
To implement rosemary home remedy to control hair fall:
- Mix 2-3 drops of rosemary oil in the base oil you use for the scalp massage.
- Follow all the similar steps of scalp massages.
3. Aloe Vera
You might have heard of Aloe Vera being used in beauty products but aloe vera is just as effective for hair as it is for the skin. This herb cleanses the pores and balances the PH level of the scalp which stimulates hair growth.
Aloe Vera contains proteolytic enzymes that remove the dead skin cells from the scalp so they do not clog the hair follicles. On top of all that Aloe Vera has the ability to stimulate blood circulation and has vitamin A, C and R content with improve cell turnover and promote the growth of cells.
To implement Aloe Vera home remedy to control hair fall:
- Extract the gel out of a freshly cut Aloe Vera leaf.
- Apply this gel on your hair and scalp and massage for 10 minutes.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
- Repeat this remedy 3-4 times a week for best results.
4. Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
Amla, also known as Indian gooseberry is popular in the Ayurveda tradition as a cure to hair loss. It has the potential to strengthen hair follicles, stimulate hair growth and prevent split ends and breakage due to its Vitamin C content and autoxidizing properties.
Vitamin C is needed to make collagen, which is necessary for hair growth and helps to absorb iron which aids in making the hair stronger.
To implement Amla home remedy to control hair fall:
- Make a paste by mixing equal quantities of lemon juice and amla powder.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and hair and let it sit for 1 hour after which rinse it off with water.
- Repeat this remedy at least 2 times a week.
- Alternative you can use amla oil to massage your scalp 2-3 times a week.