In case you are still not aware, Moringa oleifera is native to the parts of Himalayan and all parts of this plant are beneficial one way or another. Each part of this plant caries medicinal properties but the most effective part of this plant is its leaves. While most people only consider adding moringa to their diet, it can also be beneficial in other ways. It has very powerful detoxification and cleansing abilities which makes it ideal for skin cleansing and brightening the complexion.
How to use moringa for your skin?
Moringa oleifera can be used in a number of ways for the skin. There are a number of recipes that can be implemented in this regard. Even if access to fresh Moringa oleifera is not available, moringa powder can be used in much the same way and the best thing is that Moringa powder is much easier to acquire. So hold on tight as we are about to dive into the recipes that would make you look your best.
- Moringa Facemask
While you might think that it would make you look green like the HULK, however, the results are bound to blow your mind away. In a positive way of course. For this recipe, you will need 1 avocado, Moringa powder, honey, lemon juice or water.
- Mash 1 avocado and mix it with 1 tbsp. of moringa powder, 1 tsp of honey and 1 tsp of water or lemon juice.
- Mix this mixture well and apply it to your face finely. Avoid applying this mask around the eyes.
Leave it on for 10 – 15 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Moringa skin mask
For this mask you would need 1 banana, moringa powder, honey, tea tree oil. To prepare this mask:
- Mash half a banana and mix it with 1 tbsp. of moringa powder, 1 tbsp. of honey and 2 tbsp. of tea tree oil.
- Apply the mixture to the area of the skin that is affected by blemishes.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Moringa body scrubs
Removing dryness from the skin is made easy through this moringa recipe. For this purpose you will need 1 cup of oatmeal, moringa powder, granulated sugar, coconut oil:
- Grind 1 cup of oatmeal until it form a flour like consistency.
- Mix it with 2 tbsp. of moringa powder, 1 cup of granulated sugar and half a cup of coconut oil.
Mix well and use it on the moist skin as a scrub.
- Make sure to rinse it of thoroughly. This mixture can easily be stored in airtight container for about 1 month.
- Anti-Acne Moringa face mask
Acne is probably the hardest of the bosses to defeat when it comes to the skin game but Moringa can be your cheat code if you know how to use it. And the best part about this face mask is that it is the easiest to make at home. All you need to make this face mask is Moringa leaves/Moringa powder and water.
- Grind Moringa leaves with a little bit of water.
- Add water or moringa leaves until it forms a smooth paste.
- Apply this mixture to your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Let it set before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Adding a bit of lemon juice to this recipe has added benefits.
Why is Moringa Oleifera so beneficial?
Even though you have learned some basic recipes for treating your ailments with moringa, doesn’t it make you question what makes moringa so beneficial. Well the answer to that question is pretty simple. It is because Moringa has a number of properties that help to cope with ailments such as
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Purifying properties
- Natural Acne treatment
- Healing properties
- Anti-Aging properties
- Natural scalp treatment & many more.