Diabetes, scientifically known as diabetes mellitus, is a very common health problem in America. More than 100 million adults are now living with one or more form of diabetes. Home remedies for diabetes are easy to implement and effective in coping with the signs of diabetes.
There are two main types of diabetes, type 1 diabetes in which the production of insulin in the body stops and type 2 diabetes in which the body does not produce enough insulin or insulin resistance is increased in the body.
Diabetes Symptoms of diabetes include Weight loss, fatigue, extreme hunger, extreme thirst, slow healing and increased urination are common symptoms of diabetes.
Diabetes can easily be controlled by keeping blood sugar level of the body under control. Implementing simple home remedies for diabetes can greatly help in keeping blood sugar levels in the body balanced.
Note: It is recommended to follow a diabetic diet plan alongside natural cure for diabetes.
Always remember to consult your healthcare specialist. Following are the most effective home remedies for diabetes.
1. Bitter Gourd
Bitter gourd has blood sugar lowering effects, which makes it ideal natural cure for diabetes. The Bitter gourd stimulates metabolism of glucose in the whole body. It also aids in insulin production and reducing the resistance of insulin within the body. It can be used as a home remedy for both type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
To implement bitter gourd home remedies for diabetes.
- Deseed 2-3 bitter gourd and extract its juices.
- Add some water to the juice and drink it on an empty stomach every morning.
- Repeat this remedy each day for 2 months.
Cinnamon stimulates the action of insulin in the body that helps lower blood sugar levels. It contains biologically active compounds that help in preventing and treating diabetes.
It helps control diabetes symptoms and type-2 diabetes.
Note: Cinnamon should not be taken in excess amounts as it contains toxic compounds.
To implement a cinnamon home remedies for diabetes.
- Add ½ tsp of cinnamon in a cup of warm water and drink it daily.
- Another option is to boil 2-4 cinnamon sticks in a cup of water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drink it once a day.
- Cinnamon can also be used in dishes and baking foods.
Fenugreek also referred to as Methi is a good Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes and can also be used to prevent diabetes. It improves glucose tolerance and balances blood sugar levels. It is rich in fibers that help reduce the absorption of sugars and carbohydrates.
To implement fenugreek home remedies for diabetes.
- Add 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds in water.
- Leave them submerged in water overnight.
- Drink this water along with seed in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Repeat this remedy every day for a couple of months.
- Another way is to take 2 tbsp. of powdered fenugreek seeds with warm milk daily.
4. Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
Indian gooseberry also known as Amla is rich in vitamin C, which helps the functioning of the pancreas in controlling blood sugar levels in the body.
To implement Indian gooseberry home remedy for diabetes.
- Deseed 2-3 Indian gooseberries and grind them into a paste. Squeeze the juice out of the paste.
- Add 2 tbsp. of this juice in one cup of water and drink it every morning on an empty stomach.
- Adding bitter gourd juice to the mixture helps increase its efficiency.
5. Black Plum (Jamun)
Black plum, also known as Jamun contain anthocyanins, ellagic acids and hydrolyzable that help in controlling blood glucose level in the body.
Each part of this plant can be used in the treatment and prevention of diabetes but the seeds of this plant carry the most benefit. Seeds of black plumps are rich in glucoside and alkaloids that regulate blood sugar levels.
Try to include this seasonal fruit into your diet whenever it is available in the market. It is very beneficial for the health and functioning of the pancreas.
To implement a black plum home remedy for diabetes.
- Dry the seeds of black plum fruit and crush them into a powder.
- Take 1 tsp of this powder with water or milk twice a day.
This fruit is native to the subcontinent but can be purchased from Asian markets and herbal shops.
6. Mango Leaves
Mango leaves can also be added to the diet for preventing diabetes at home. They help regulate insulin level in the blood and improve the lipid profiles.
To implement mango-leaves home remedies for diabetes.
- Soak 10-15 mango leaves in water and leave them submerged overnight.
- Filter the water and drink it every morning on an empty stomach.
- Powder dried leaves can also be used. Take ½ tsp of powdered dried leaves twice a day.
7. Curry Leaves
Curry leaves have anti-diabetic properties, which makes it suitable for controlling and preventing diabetes. Active compounds of curry leaves reduce the rate at which starch is broken down in the body to make glucose.
To implement curry leaves home remedy for diabetes.
- Chew fresh curry leaves in the morning.
- Continue this remedy for 2-3 months.
- It will also help in reducing bad cholesterol and obesity.
8. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is widely used in medication for treatment of a number of diseases. It contains phytosterols and anti-inflammatory compounds that help in coping with the effects of type 2 diabetes. It is also useful in controlling blood sugar levels.
To implement Aloe Vera home remedy for diabetes.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of aloe vera gel with ½ tsp of powdered bay leaves and turmeric.
- Take this mixture twice a day before lunch and dinner.
Guava is another fruit that is rich, fibers, and vitamin C that support the functioning of the pancreas. It helps in maintaining a balance between blood and glucose content of the body.
Guava can easily be implemented into the diet however it is best to not consume its skin.
Note: Do not take more than 1 fruit in a day.
10. Lady Finger
Ladyfinger also knew as Okra contains polyphenol that reduces blood sugar content in the body and prevents the symptoms of diabetes. According to studies it also contains anti-diabetic properties.
To implement ladyfinger home remedy for diabetes.
- Cut the ends of a few ladyfingers and prick them using a fork or a needle.
- Soak them in a glass of water overnight.
- In the morning, discard the ladyfingers and drink the water.
- Repeat this remedy daily for several weeks.