Hair loss is common to both men and women. There are numerous factors that cause hair loss such as physical or emotional stress, diseases, medication, malnutrition, bad hair health, genetic disorders etc. It is very hard to pinpoint the exact cause of hair loss because most often than not more than one such factors are at play. Hair products are expensive and what you might not be aware of is that you probably have the anti-hair loss arsenal in your garden to implement herbal remedies for hair loss at home.
Hairs need just as much attention as you give to maintaining a healthy diet. Instead of using expensive products, it would be a better approach use herbal remedies for its treatment. Usually, these products contain high chemical content that can have adverse effects on health in the long run.
Following are the best herbal remedies for hair loss that you can do on your own.
1. Aloe Vera
Among other herbal remedies of hair loss, the use of Aloe Vera is the most common. Apart from increasing natural glow of the skin, Aloe Vera helps restore scalp health. It is used for both treatment and prevention of hair loss. It helps balance the pH levels in the scalp.
1. Extract 2 tablespoons of gel from a sliced Aloe Vera stem.
2. Apply the extracted gel finely on the scalps.
3. Massage the gel on the scalps for a couple of minutes.
4. Leave the extracted gel on scalps for about 2 hours before washing it off with water or shampoo.
5. Repeat this procedure thrice a week.
Ginseng is an additive in a number of hair loss products because of its ability to increase the supply of blood to the roots of the hair. Stimulating blood circulation and adding nutrition to the hair helps them grow.
1. Make ginseng infused oil at home.
2. Take about 3 tablespoons of ginseng infused oil in a bowl.
3. Massage your hair and scalp with the oil.
4. Finally, cover the length of your hair with the oil while massaging.
5. Leave it on for 30 minutes before washing it off with water or mild shampoo.
6. Repeat this procedure thrice a week.
Rosemary is another garden herb common to many households. It is used in many cuisines for its aroma and taste. Rosemary is also very beneficial for hair growth. Studies have shown that not only does it prevent hair loss but also helps towards hair growth. Detoxification compounds in rosemary help to detoxify scalps, which in turn restores hair pigments.
1. Combine 5 drops of rosemary oil with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil/Olive oil can also be used.
2. Apply this blend of oil to the scalp and work it through your hair.
3. Massage it for at least 10 minutes.
4. Leave it on for 30 minutes before washing it off with warm water or mild shampoo.
5. Repeat this remedy thrice a week.
4. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry is known in the Ayurveda tradition as “Amla” contains a number of vitamins and minerals that help in hair growth. It helps remove dandruff and itchy scalp aggravation from the scalp and promotes scalp health. It increases shine and gives out a natural brown color.
1. Mix 4 tablespoons of Indian Gooseberry powder with 4 teaspoons of lemon juice.
2. Mix and add water until you get a consistent and smooth paste.
3. Apply this paste to scalp and the whole length of the hair.
4. Leave it on for about 20 minutes before washing it off with water or mild shampoo.
5. Repeat this procedure at least twice a week
Herbal Products for Hair loss
Some people might find it tiresome to implement such beneficial herbal remedies for hair loss simply because of the busy schedule of work and studies. However, the use of herbal products would still be a better consideration over chemical products.
Herbal products contain all the necessary nutrition for preventing and treating hair loss and the best part is that there is no adverse effect towards using herbal products.