The market is full of products that help give you the beautiful and glowing skin you want. These products are costly and contain harmful chemical substances that only provide short-term solutions. Another way of getting the skin you desire is to incorporate Herbal treatments. Herbal is an ancient technique of medicine making that involves the use of herbs and natural ingredients. Herbal has an age long association with Indian culture and herbal treatments strategy deals with eradicating the root cause of the ailment. Mixing different herbs together and applying them to your skin is a proven way to increase your natural beauty and fairness. There are many herbal combinations that have proven to be the best cure for dark , dull and dry skin.
1. Chandal (Sandal Wood) And Almonds:
In Herbal treatments, Sandalwood is one of the most important herb used in many herbal products. Sandal is used in fairness products for ages. It has a cooling effect in the body when applied externally. It also provides relief from sunburn or overexposure to the sun.
Combination of sandal and almonds have been used as a skin-whitening agent for ages.
Mix 4 tablespoon of sandalwood with 2 tablespoons of almond powder. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil mix well to form paste.
Apply the paste to your face keep it on for 15 minutes and rinse it off with water. Use paste 2-3 times a week.
- Works as a antiviral and antiseptic and cleanses the skin
- Removes pimples, acne and black head
- Has bleaching effect on the skin
- Lightens skin tones and provides nutrition to boost skin health.
2. Turmeric (Haldi) And Rice Flour:
Turmeric is popularly known for its blood purification properties. Turmeric has anti-aging and anti-bacterial properties, which is why it is used in the herbal treatments of many skin diseases. When applied to the skin, it removes the impurities.
Rice flour has skin whitening properties and help reduce dark circles from beneath the eyes.
Add 2 tablespoons of turmeric and rice flour in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of tomato juice and mix it into a paste.
Apply the paste to your face and let it dry. Keep it on for 20 to 30 minutes for the nutrients to get absorbed in the skin. Rinse off with cold water.
Use this paste at least 2-3 times a week for best results.
- Works as an exfoliating agent and whitens skin tone
- Removes impurities from skin and help reduce the development of acne and pimples
- Smoothens skin and reduces unevenness
- Removes wrinkles
3. Aloe Vera (Ghrit Kumari) And Lemon:
Aloe Vera is the most used for herbal treatments for glowing skin. It has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that promote healing of skin.Aloe Vera is secreted from the Aloe Vera plant in the form of gel and can be used directly on the skin. It has been widely used in treatment of Allergies, pimples, infections, rashes, blisters and dry skin.
Lemon juice work as detoxifying agent which cleans and brightens the skin.
Mix 3 tablespoons of Aloe Vera with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and mix well.
Apply the mixture on your face like a cream before going to bed. Rinse it off in the morning with cold water.
For best results, use paste at least 4 times a week.
- Moisturizes the skin and remove dry spots.
- Antioxidant properties help in treating pigmentation
- Cleans and brightens skin.
- Removes sun burns from skin
- Helps in combatting acne , eczema , black heads and other related skin problems
4. Saffron (Kesar) And Olive Oil:
Saffron is the most costly herb of them.Due to its heavy cost it is not commonly used in herbal products but that does not change the fact that it is highly effective for skin care and treatment. It is the most effective skin-whitening agent.Saffron are stigmas, which are harvested from saffron flowers. Due to their delicate nature saffron are handpicked. Though it is mostly harvested to be used as a spice or to add flavour to tea, it is also a beneficial herb for herbal supplements.
Olive oil removes blackheads, whitehead and other impurities from the skin.
Soak 2-3 strands of saffron in a cup of distilled water and leave it until water turns yellowish. After that add 3-4 drops of olive oil and mix it will.
Use cotton balls to apply the liquid gently on your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse it off.
Do this 3-4 times a week to keep skin healthy.
- Improves skin complexion and skin texture.
- Removes blackheads and pimples.
- One of the most effective skin whitening agent as compared to other herbs in the list
5. Neem Leaves and Holy basil:
Neem leaves are widely used for herbal treatment of skin and it is used in beauty products due to their anti-oxidizing properties. They are filled with essential oils that help to tighten the skin by closing pores and reduce unevenness.
Basil leaves help in reducing skin irritation and sore and increase the metabolism of skin cells.
Grind 10 neem leaves and 10 holy basil leaves together. Add 2 tablespoons of rose water and make it into a paste.
Apply paste to face and leave it for 30-40 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water.
Do this 3-4 times a week for beautiful and glowing skin.
- Antimicrobial properties that help in treating acne and pimples
- Helps to remove impurities from skin and tighten skin pores
- Revives dull skin
- Removes wrinkles and premature aging signs
- Cures skin irritations and sores.